Mission (FOR!) Wynne – Friday Prayer and Fasting Guide (T)
1. Mind-Shift: From a “Come and See” Mentality to a “Go and Love” Lifestyle.
2. Eyes-Open: Watch and See what God Shows You this Week.
3. Heart-Lifted: Friday Fast for God to use WBC to Transform Wynne to a City with Shalom.
Now that we have spent four days prayer-walking over our city and scattering ourselves across neighborhoods throughout Wynne, hopefully we have made some observations about various directions we can take to bring total shalom to Wynne (Transforming the City with a Smile to the City with Shalom).
Today I want us to take these thoughts, requests, burdens, ideas, etc. to the LORD. Let’s ask Him to lead us to be a part of what/how He wants to transform our city. Below is a guide to help you as you fast and pray during lunch today for our city.
1. Read Jeremiah 29:1-14 and reflect on why God has placed you here in this city at this time (by the way, it’s NOT to make money or raise a family or to farm MAINLY!).
2. Read Acts 13:1-3 and reflect on the fact that when the early church did not know what to do, they prayed and fasted for direction from God.
3. Ask God to bring faces and names of those you met this week to your mind and pray for their eternal state – ask that God might save them and change them by the power of the Gospel (Romans 1:16).
4. Ask God to bring to your mind needs and burdens and problems and issues that you were made aware of (or reminded of) this week and ask Him to give you a broken heart for those who are hurting (see Matthew 9:36; 14:14).
5. Plead with God to show us, as a church and as believers in Wynne, how we can intentionally, effectively, efficiently, compassionately, and lovingly meet specific needs in Wynne that would result in a total shalom of the city.
6. Ask the Lord if there is a specific area of town or particular group of people He wants you to ‘adopt’ by making a long-term commitment to serving them for the sake of the Gospel.
7. Write down ideas/direction that He lays on your heart.
8. Ask God to show the pastor, staff, and other leaders at WBC how to structure ourselves be proactive to most effectively meet these needs.
9. Pray for those coming to your house tonight or tomorrow for “Grill Your Neighbor.” Ask God to give you a love for them and an opportunity to serve them and to somehow soon declare to them the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus. [**Note: If you haven’t found anyone yet, ask the Lord to direct you to who He would have you intentionally build a relationship with…ask Him to lead you to someone to invite to your home tonight or tomorrow night].
10. Ask God to forgive us for neglecting those in our own city and commit to doing whatever it takes to take the Gospel to our city – in both word and deed and in the Spirit of Jesus.